Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Postt #7 English 102 Review


As the course of English 102 comes to an end for this summer semester I have learned a great amount of information. From new forms of technology, such as Blogger, and how to post videos, I have learned a huge amount of new and useful things. Learning the difference between summary and analysis has also been completely new to me this semester. Before now I have never really gone over analysis, and had no idea it was so important. I have come to fact that it is indeed a very important thing to learn, and to know about. I now know that summary of something compared to an analysis of something are completely different things. Another thing that I have learned about in this class is a little more on work citing, and the facts and rules of plagiarism. It will be good to know these new things throughout my college experience, and life. The readings in this class have informed me greatly on the different wars, and the emotions, and experiences that our veterans have gone through. I have greatly enjoyed learning new things from all of the great stories from Huze, and O’Brien. Throughout this semester my writing process has changed by becoming more per say “serious“, compared to other essays I‘ve done in recent English classes because I am more knowledgeable in many areas of English writing skills. Some challenges I have faced in the class, first of all was that it was on a very fast pace schedule due to the summer. Besides the fast moving pace, I didn’t really struggle too much on a lot of other things. There were some challenges in finding sources for some of the papers and learning new things, such as poetry of witness. I’m happy I took this class, and feel that it was a very good choice. J

2 comments:

  1. Lani H. said:

    I agree this class has been full of fun new-technologies. Like you, I had never written a blog or posted a video. It can be very challenging to learn new technologies. But, once we have learned them, it really adds a lot to our skill set. Technology is changing faster than anytime in the history of our world, and those of us who push our own boundaries will benefit personally and professionally.
    From what I have read of your work, you have really grown in this class. I do see a new level of maturity in your work. It is amazing, how in eight short weeks, we all have grown so much. Good luck on your final portfolio. Have a great rest of the summer. See you around campus this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea,
    I too enjoyed the class and learn a lot. Before this class I have never done anything with a blog before. That was a new experience. I know the assignments that we have had this semester have helped my write to become, like yours, more serious and college level writing. I know that this class has definitely taught me somethings that I didn't know about citations, which could be a very bad mistake in the future. Keep up the good work and have a great fall.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete